Friday, July 19, 2013

Weigh day, no lose day :(

Soooo, I've been a little absent the past week or so.  I went back to work after having my surgery and it's been a busy, busy week in the Fort Worth NICU's!!  Lots of babies being born over here.  It was nice to go back to work though.  I missed the adrenalin-packed action of the Neonatal ICU!

A little back story of my career, I've been a Neonatal ICU nurse for over 9 years and just graduated last December with my Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.  I never, ever thought I would move from home (Louisiana) after moving once before, but I loved the Fort Worth Physician's group that I did clinicals with in school and decided to take a job up here and moved in May.

Anyway, I was sooo certain that I would lose weight this week and when I stepped on the scale this morning....BAM!....IT WAS THE SAME WEIGHT!!!  Geez, I followed my Dr's food instructions to a "T".  I've actually been following them like a soldier since starting the preop diet!  I'm guessing that my body is just getting used to no longer being on a liquid diet and now being given soft, mushy foods with more calories.  So, I guess I wont despair yet but wait and see what another week of this does.  My protein is spot on and I have been getting about 800-900 cals a day.

So, here's to hoping for weight loss next Friday!!  Actually, next Saturday is my first fill.  The PA said she usually does about 3 ml's the first fill!  I can definitely tell I need it, because I'm only satisfied for about a couple hours after eating.  YAY for my first adjustment only 3 weeks after surgery!!!

Hope all my many followers are having a great week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment