Monday, July 8, 2013

Soooo, this is my first blog post ever!!  I went back and forth on whether to start one and finally decided to!  I'm ready to tell you all about my amazing experience with my band so far.  NOT!  I went into this so excited and the preop diet wasn't all that horrible.  I thought surgery would be a breeze and I would be one of those "lucky" ones who didn't have those horrid gas pains and no nausea or vomiting. Let me tell you the first two days were absolute misery, but I've survived to day 5 post op and went for an unscheduled post op appointment today due to my paranoidness (pretty sure I just made that word up) and they confirmed with a Upper GI that my band is perfect and not too tight despite me freaking out that something was terribly wrong.  Let me back up a little bit to yesterday which was day 4 post op and when I started having these weird painful spasms in my upper chest every time I felt like I needed to burp or when I stood up from sitting.  Weird and annoying.  So I called the office and they had me come in and now I feel soooo much better that my band is perfection!!  Yay!!  So just gotta think happy thoughts and take a chill pill before my oh so negative thoughts take me into the land of negative banders.

Anyway, I'm not nearly as witty and absolutely hilarious as my new found blogger Amy from http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com.  So, I hope I'm at least half as entertaining as she is :)

OH!!  I almost forgot to say that I've lost.....drumroll please......14 pounds since my preop diet started about two and a half weeks ago!!!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOP!!!  Well if you go by my doctors scale, I've lost 16 but my scale shows 14.  I'll take it whatever the number!!

Hope all of my many, abundant followers and fans have a wonderful Monday!!  ;)

5 comments:

  1. Stopping in because Lap Band Girl sent me. A little advice --- You need to set up a way for people to follow you on here so we can keep up with your progress! ;-)

    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do that? ha! I'm still trying to figure this whole blogging thing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lap band gal sent me- welcome to the wonderful world of WLS bloggers.
    I would love to have check out my blog http://weaponoffatdestruction.blogspot.com/
    I look forward to reading about your journey
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Emily! I was banded yesterday! We can support each other! I'm glad you are writing a blog. I'm enjoying mine a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! How are you feeling?? I hope well!! I just saw you live in Temple, TX. I just moved to Fort Worth from way down south La!

    ReplyDelete